What we Offer
Reduce Stress. Improve your Health. Feel Great.
FitWithin offers wellness + weight loss with unique + dynamic yoga, hot yoga + fitness classes — like YogaBack, Buti®Yoga, PiYO®Live, PilatesFit, Flex+Flow with Weights, + much more. See all our classes + descriptions. Below is a list of various services + practices used by FitWithin. Visit our private sessions page to see what group parties we offer! Simply click one of the subject headings to reveal more about that topic. Click here to view our prices + policies.
Give the gift of energy, movement + transformation! Purchase our "$40 for 30 days of unlimited classes!" or any one of our class pass/membership options from our online store as a gift card. Click here to purchase a gift card on Mindbody or contact Marlene to process one for you at the studio.
Also come by the studio to purchase a Reflexology Gift Certificate! Great for families, friends, and loved ones. Gift certificate valued for a 1 hour reflexology session.
FitWithin uses doTERRA® oils for different healing + therapeutic benefits in our diffusers at our studio space. We also offer workshops to help people learn how to use doTERRA® essential oils for all different purposes: from household products to sleeping, or even weights loss!
Be sure to sign up to our FitWithin Newsletters, and be the first to find out when we have our doTERRA® Pure Essential Oils Workshops!
These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Essential oils provide plants with protection against environmental threats and play a role in plant pollination. In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and being beautifully fragrant to people, essential oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices.
Essential oils are used for a very wide range of emotional and physical wellness applications. They can be used a single oil at a time or in complex blends in one of three methods:
Aromatic: Certain diffused essential oils can stimulate, calm, or soothe. Diffusing can purify the air of odors.
Topical: Essential oils are easily absorbed by the skin and can be safely applied topically.
Internal: Certain essential oils have culinary history + can be used as dietary supplements for targeted wellness.
FitWithin uses Salute the Sun to offer a superior heated yoga experience! Their infrared heating systems offer a range of benefits for our yoga + fitness clients. Increase flexibility, circulation, and pain relief in our heated yoga classes, without fear of overheating. How Does Heated Infrared Yoga Benefit Us? Yoga offers physical + spiritual benefits that lead to overall harmony + well-being. Hot Yoga specifically, offers the following benefits:
1. Detoxification. Hot yoga incorporates a sequence of postures with specific alignment + timing, in a room heated to approximately 38°C. This produces a detoxifying sweat, which flushes toxins through the skin. Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day, and after a hot yoga class.
2. Develops Strength + Flexibility. The heat allows you to warm up muscles, stretch, and move more safely into postures. Ideal for those who want to develop strength, agility, flexibility, + tone, while receiving a mild-moderate cardiovascular workout. The postures strengthen core muscles, helping to prevent and relieve back problems, and other chronic pain/sports-related injuries.
3. Relaxes Mind + Improves Breathing. Heat helps the body relax + aids in focusing the mind, leading to better mental concentration. Finishing a sequence takes a great deal of focus; you’re testing strength + balance limits. The steady deep breathing in hot yoga helps relieve stress + anxiety, improves lung function, + lowers the level of the stress hormone, cortisol.
4. Stimulates Metabolism + Increases Body Awareness. The postures stimulate the thyroid gland, which produces hormones that regulate metabolism. These postures increase blood circulation + movement of oxygen to cells, helping improve metabolic + bowel functions. As you improve your alignment through small, subtle movements, you’ll gain more self-confidence + awareness of your own body.
5. Health Benefits. Promotes weight loss; appetite control; improves posture, coordination, + balance; decreases headaches; aids in proper digestion; reduces heart irregularities; helps with anxiety; improves your patience + compassion; increases range of movement + energy; + fosters spiritual growth.
When browsing our yoga + fitness classes, look for the suns to see their level of heat. An orange sun means the class is fully heated, a purple sun means warm, + a blue sun means it is not heated.
HIIT is a superior method for fat loss, compared to lower intensity steady training. It's more time effective in expending energy, and more efficient at fat burning based on energy expenditure. Major goals of most endurance exercises are to improve cardiovascular, metabolic, and skeletal-muscle function in the body. For years, continuous aerobic exercise (treadmills) has been the chosen method. But HIIT leads to similar and — in some cases — better improvements in less time!
Incorporating HIIT, with appropriate intensity and frequency into your cardiovascular training, gives you a time-efficient way to reach goals. Incorporating a balance of aerobics and HIIT programs is the “win-win” approach for successful cardiovascular exercise. Go HIIT with FitWithin’s HIIT yoga classes.
POUND® is a full-body drumming workout that uniquely combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and pilates-inspired movements using lightly weighted exercise drumsticks (Ripstix®). Created by Kirsten Potenza and Cristina Peerenboom, music enthusiasts, drummers, and fitness experts, POUND® was designed to transform drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out. POUND® is accessible to all fitness levels. The workout is easily modifiable and the alternative vibe and welcoming philosophy appeals to men and women of all ages and abilities.
THE BENEFITS: Rhythm, timing, coordination, speed, agility, endurance, and musicality drastically improve. » Adding the core-engaging element of drumming to dynamic, full-body movements increases caloric burn, improves precision and thoroughly targets all the large and supporting muscle groups in the body. Burn up to 900+ calories per hour, strengthen and sculpt infrequently used muscles, and drum your way to a leaner, slimmer physique – all while rocking out to your favorite music!
POUND®. Rockout. Workout. See yoga classes + schedule.
Buti® Yoga workouts transform your BODY + SOUL with cardio-intensive bursts of tribal dance, primal movement + conditioning woven into a dynamic yoga practice. This calorie-scorching workout fuses power yoga with cardio-intensive tribal dance + body sculpting primal movement. Created by Celebrity Trainer Bizzie Gold, Buti® Yoga utilizes the Spiral Structure Technique to sculpt + tone the deep abdominal muscles that stabilize and strengthen the body. Instead of linear movements. Buti® favors movements that challenge the body along all planes of motion - THE RESULT - long, lean muscle with sexy feminine curves. See yoga classes + schedule.
FitWithin Community Yoga is a yoga class to give back to our community. This Class will be a different style of practice every time to suit all levels. A new teacher may be introduced in every class and geared towards their style of yoga. This class allows you to still reserve your spot online without payment. Please bring a cash payment of ONLY $5 for this class! This class may not be used with any other class pass, drop in rate, 30 days for $40.00. All of our auto renew memberships may register as per membership. Look for it in our class schedule.
© 2016-2018 FitWithin.ca / Website by Jessica Oddi